Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cousin Johnny

I just read this item in The New York Observer:

For the exception that proves the rule, there's The Finn Valley Voice, a paper in the remote, small town of Ballybofey, County Donegal, in the northeast of Ireland, which officially endorsed John McCain last month with the front page splash: “Vote for Cousin John McCain.”

(A U.S. geneticist has traced McCain’s ancestors back to Ireland, and has said that there could be up to 400 people in Country Donegal related to the senator from Arizona.

A journalist with The Finn Valley Voice, Pat Holland, told the Irish TV station RTE that his paper’s endorsement should help McCain “a little.”)

Since I can also trace part of my ancestry to Donegal, I guess that means I could be a cousin of his too.

I guess I better switch parties now.

No comments: