Saturday, December 1, 2007

You've been invited

So, I've just invited a small group to read this private blog. If you got my invitation, you got it because I value your opinion and welcome your comments. Don't feel obligated to read this constantly, but stop in to see what I have to say every now and then. What you see here may amount to what I might have rambled about years ago while drunk at 3 o'clock in the morning. I don't get drunk at 3 in the morning anymore - Coumadin nixes that - but I want to try to express some views.

(This also is sort of a replacement for sitting around with friends and shooting the breeze. With my schedule, I don't get the chance to do that either.)

What you will find here are my private thoughts as I consider writing opinion articles for potential publication. Some ideas may get printed, so I am looking for helpful criticism and feedback. Tell me what works, what strikes a chord, and what doesn't work. Point out any flaws in logic or errors in fact as you see them.

It is OK with me if you disagree with what I write. I want to know if I am heading into dangerous waters without a life raft. I want to know if you think I have drawn the wrong conclusions about an issue. So, post a comment when you are so inspired.

I also envision it possible that you will comment on each other's posts. So, of course I ask that you all be civil. But then again, I picked all of you because you are some of the most level-headed thinkers I have known. So, that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm kind of excited about this. I hope this will be fun and interesting for you.

No comments: