Saturday, December 1, 2007

"We're all in it together"

I ran into slightly more frustration than usual at work last night, and it was really getting to me. Then I remembered one of my favorite lines from "Brazil." It's a Terry Gilliam film that takes a new spin on "1984." (Interestingly, it was made in 1985.) Robert De Niro plays Harry Tuttle, a rogue heating and air conditioning repairman who defies the bureaucracy by swinging around the rooftops to do the repairs that the government won't get to or won't allow. When asked by the star of the movie, played by Jonathan Pryce, why he does it, De Niro's character replies, "We're all in it together." That's what I say to myself whenever I'm in a frustrating situation, surrounded by other equally frustrated people.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Posted by Ed Bond at 5:01 AM 0 comments
Thursday, October 25, 2007

No comments: