Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett Dies of Cancer at 62

I actually was never a big fan of Farrah. As a pre-teen/teenage boy, I liked "Charlies Angels," but I much preferred Jaclyn Smith. (I can't help it. I like brunettes.)

However, when I heard on the radio just now that she had died, I flashed back to a moment at Boy Scout camp. I must have been 11 or 12 years old. We were all in our bunks, with the lights out. Instead of falling asleep, the whole cabin - except me - spontaneously broke into song:

(Tune of Frere Jacques)

"Farrah Fawcett, Farrah Fawcett
I love you, I love you
You could leave Lee
It could just be you and me
Young me, Young me"

If anyone forgot, she was married to "Six Million Dollar Man" Lee Majors at the time.

Thank you Farrah, for being an inspiration for men and boys of my generation.

No comments: