Saturday, October 1, 2022

First union endorsement

I was proud to receive this union endorsement recently. 

Unions built the middle class and gave workers many essential protections. 

When I met with some union leaders recently, I realized that it is much more than that.

"We just want to work where we live," I was told. Doing more to ensure local jobs are performed by local union workers helps keep money here in Chemung County, and using union workers ensures that proper safety measures are taken on the job site. When those standards are ignored or skipped, workers are seriously injured or killed. 

It's not just about livelihood. It is a matter of life and death.

Legislators work in words. That's their trade, but what some do not realize is that the wrong words in the wrong place can get someone killed or can take away someone's livelihood. That's why I look forward to advocating for local unions on the Chemung County Legislature.



No comments: